Gundam Plastic = GunPla!

Debi says..

Inspired by the works of DannyChoo in Gundam modelling, I decided to give it a shot. I don't have a hobby anyway, so why not? I've been a fan of the metseries since Gundam Wing, but couldn't quite get updated due to little TV time and no internet exposure back then. It was revived when I watched Gundam SEED Destiny, and I couldn't believe my eyes that mobile suits are now combining to become a Gundam. It really amazed me. Then I followed up with their new series, Gundam 00, which is really cool, it gives me goosebumps watching the action sequences.

And so, after saving up money, I bought my first kit! I was so excited, I didn't get the time to research first on how to build, what tools I need, and stuff. I did it with a pair of nail clippers and some sandpaper. And I did it 11 hours tops, with only lunch and dinner as breaks. Silly me. I now present you, GN-001/hs-A01 Gundam Avalanche Exia!


It wasn't shown on the anime, but it was a cool upgrade of the protagonist mobile suit in Gundam 00. But there were mistakes all over the place, like uneven parts, seam lines, bits of plastic left from the part, and bah, more ugliness. But I forgave myself, because I rushed the building part of the experience. Now I'm exhausting the Internet for tutorials and tips, just so I could at least get better and be proud of myself.
I bought 2 more so I could put what I have learned to the test, with 1 work in progress, and the other was immediately tucked under the Christmas Tree.


I learned a no-paint technique, which I'm going to try with this one. I don't have a budget for paint now, so I'm going to sandpaper this model kit away. Also, I'm trying not to rush, although it looks like it'll take me days..


but it's okay. It feels great when I accomplished my first kit, so I think this hobby is going to stick for a while. Stay tune for updates! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment